Athelstone Uniting Church is a Christian church located in Athelstone, South Australia.
We have a heart for connecting: with God, our community, our world and each other.
Located at the heart of Athelstone, we all share a heart for this community. For us, as Christians, the cross is at the centre of our faith. Jesus’ life, death and resurrection have shaped who we are as God’s people.
Following in the example of Jesus, our arms are open for building relationships with our community, our world and each other.
Our Minister is Rev Linda Driver (0.8FTE).
Athelstone Uniting Church is a welcoming congregation that places high importance on loving, supporting and encouraging each other in our spiritual journeys. We are inclusive and accepting, with a desire to see social justice needs met in the local and wider community. We are community focused, with our members being actively involved in many facets of community life and community groups. Within the church we place a high value on creativity.
The Uniting Church
We are part of the Uniting Church which means that we are:
- A Christian community – following the example of Jesus Christ.
- An Australian church – standing alongside Indigenous Australians and supporting rural and remote communities.
- A caring church – dedicated to social justice and providing community services through UnitingCare.
- A diverse church – with a wide range of worship styles and theology in our 300 South Australian congregations.
- A place of hope and support – providing a safe place to explore life’s many big questions.
Find out more about the Uniting Church here: https://sa.uca.org.au/who-we-are/