50 years ago a new Church was built here on Fox Avenue.
Two Churches who had a long history as neighbours, came together as one:
In 1855, the Wesleyan Methodist Church (later the Athelstone West Methodist Church) was built on land across the road.
In 1861, the Gorge Primitive Methodist Church (later, The Athelstone East Methodist Church) opened for worship as the “Little Glory” Church in 1861, on land facing Gorge Road, near the corner of Lymn Avenue.
In 1969 the Athelstone West Methodist Church was demolished to make way for the Athelstone Shopping Centre.
Shortly before this, the two Methodist congregations had combined.
Read more here: https://www.campbelltown.sa.gov.au/services/cemeteries/old-pioneer-cemetery
In 1971, this building was opened, celebrating the beginning of a new life of worship and service in this community as one church.
So, why celebrate?
To celebrate what God has done in the past, is doing now and will do in the future!
To build stronger connections in our Congregation
To build stronger connections with the local community